Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Overall Wellness: A Note from Debbie Siebers


Debbie Siebers, best known for the Slim-in-6 series took a few moments out of her busy schedule to tell me about a few small steps she takes to improve her overall health and wellness. If you've never checked out any of Debbie's workouts, check out this website. Click Shop, browse by trainer, and drag to Debbie's name. They are GREAT workouts! (Feel free to contact me about any of the purchases - purchasing from that link not only gets you access to workout and nutritional products, but you get me as your coach for free!)

Exercise and wellness is not ALL about bouncing around and burning calories. Here are a few tips from Debbie that don't require more energy, but will help you make the most out of your workout routine.

Find some good tunes and focus. Debbie says, "Music is what drives my spirits and lifts me up!" Each day, she incorporates breathing exercises, which she does while listening to soft, soothing music. "These CDs help me empty my mind an thoroughly relax my body and nervous system."

Listen to your body. "I also take about 15-20 minutes to prepare my body before I workout. As we get older, our muscles get stiffer, which is a bummer. But, like anything else, we just have to be consistent to take good care of ourselves."

Don't get in a rut - take it outside! "Getting out in nature relaxes me, and I feel most in touch with myself and what is important," Debbie explains. "It grounds me and makes me feel so appreciative and grateful for all that I have." I've got to agree with her on this point. While hiking in Hawaii last week and running outside this past Sunday in Dallas, I was amazed at the beauty of God's creation and the small blessings that we so often take for granted.

Thanks, Debbie, for contributing and supporting my blog. You're awesome - keep doing all you do!

Follow Debbie on Twitter -- @debbiesiebers

You can also give me a follow if you aren't already -- @michellemyers24

No comments: