Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Oven-Baked Ranch Chicken
I am always looking for healthy recipes that are "man-approved." After some experimenting in the kitchen, I've developed a recipe that I think is going to become one of our family favorites. So far, the winning sides are homemade roasted potato wedges and a garden salad. Enjoy!
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup of Kashi GoLEAN cereal, crushed into bread crumbs
1 package Ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
4 oz. fat free cream cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Use non-fat cooking spray to coat a non-stick pan OR I highly recommend a Pampered Chef baking stone....really helps the flavor soak in!
3. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and Ranch dressing mix packet together in a bowl.
4. Place aluminum foil on counter and spread out bread crumbs evenly.
4. Use a spoon to coat the chicken breasts with the Ranch/cheese mixture, then dip both sides of the chicken breast into the cereal mix.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes, and let it cool for 2 minutes.