Monday, September 27, 2010

Spiritually Fit

In less than 2 weeks, I am heading home to Knoxville. I am so excited to get to see my family and be in a city where the leaves actually change colors in the fall. (Texas, as much as I love you, you will never be as pretty as Tennessee. It just won't happen.)

I am also really excited to have two opportunities to share Christ's love - once with Fairview Baptist Church's women's ministry on Friday, Oct. 8 and the following day at Cedar Springs Christian Store on Clinton Highway from 12-3pm for a book signing.

Because of my fitness ministry, Myers Cross Training, I've been asked to speak at the women's banquet about being spiritually fit. For the past few weeks, I've had a blast digging into Scripture for God to show me what to share with these awesome ladies.


I was immediate struck by Paul's prayer by four desires that God has for us.

1) Glorious Inner Strength (aka the very same power that raised Christ from the dead!)

2) Christ's Presence in our Lives

3) Knowledge of His Love

4) Recognition that He is more capable to move greater in our lives than we have the knowledge to request....or even imagine.

I wonder if anyone is reading this post who has neglected to relinquish full control of their life over to God. Take it from someone who has tried and failed: If you think you can make better decisions than He can, you can't. If you are convinced you can live life alone, you're wrong.

Read the truths again. Won't you trust the character of the One True God who has such incredible desires for your life?


1 comment:

Raeanne Macklin said...

I always try to take control of my life because of events in my past. Thank you so much for reminding me that God is always in control and I need to surrender my ways to Him everyday, over and over.