Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wondering Wednesday: What show should have never gone off the air?

Confession time: I miss Jack Bauer.

No, really, I do. I got so attached to Fox's 2002-2010 show, 24, that I really do miss Jack Bauer. Who doesn't? I mean how can you not miss the kind of series hero that says stuff like this...

"I see fifteen people held hostage on a bus, and everything else goes out the window. I will do whatever it takes to save them, and I mean whatever it takes ... Laws were written by much smarter men than me. And in the end, these laws have to be more important than the 15 people on the bus. I know that's right. In my mind, I know that's right. I just don't think my heart could ever have lived with it."

I remember some pretty sad moments in my TV past....when the cast of Home Improvement took their final bows, waving goodbye to the cast of Full House, the cast of Friends leaving Chandler & Monica's apartment for the last time, huddled in a circle...

But when Jack Bauer said thank you to Chloe O'Brien and disappeared forever, I lost it like I was Chloe!

How about you? In your opinion, what TV show show have NEVER gone off the air?

Oh, and just to clarify: Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

5 comments:

Snoberts said...

I just now got into watching 24, and so far, so GREAT! :)

I was a train wreck whenever Veronica Mars was canceled - the dialogue was so clever, witty, and straight up sassy and the story line never failed its big promises to please either.

There's talk of a possible movie, so maybe the same will be true for 24!

JW said...

SportsNight! It won the Emmy the two years it was on ABC. If you haven't seen it then you must get it on Netflix!

Amanda Harmon said...

I miss Saved By The Bell, Boy Meets World and Reba! lol

Molly Adams said...

boy meets world, home improvment, full house, every show from the 90s! Yup, those were the good old days :) I loved my childhood :)

Jason said...

I miss Jack Bauer too.

I'll admit it. I got misty eyed when he looked up, knowing it was Chloe there and ran off.

I loved the West Wing. I could have used some more of that.