Dessert cravings always seem to hit at the worst time - like right after you've eaten dinner when all of your snack times are over for the day. But here's a great dessert that is a fantastic finish to a meal - and you can eat the whole thing without feeling guilty every day if you want to!
Broiling fruit brings out its inherent sweetness. Try this recipe with mango, and see how it satisfies your sweet tooth. This technique works with pineapple as well, but mango is my personal favorite.
You will need:
1 mango, peeled and sliced (Find tips on cutting a mango below!)
1. Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil.
2. Arrange mango slices in a single layer in the prepared pan. Broil until browned in spots, 8 to 10 minutes. Squeeze lime wedges over the broiled mango and serve.
Cutting a Mango:
1. Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
2. With the seed perpendicular to you, slice the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
3. Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
4. Cut the fruit into the desired shape.